This is an important Chakra since it is the key to learning and wisdom. It allows you to put things in perspective and helps differentiate between reality and fantasy.
Located: Forehead, in-between the eyes.
Means: To perceive.
Organs/Area: Neurological system, brain, pituitary gland, ear, nose, and eyes.
Influence on the Body: Sense of trust, intuition and coordination.
Symbol: Descending triangle within a circle.
If Imbalanced: Discipline, sleep disorders, concept of judgement and reality, confusion, blindness, stroke, seizure, brain tumor, pride, arrogance, learning disabilities, and illusions.
Cures and how to balance:
- Wear indigo clothing or jewelry
- Meditate/touch/carry amethyst stone
- Light mugwort incense
- Repeat the affirmation in your head “I trust my intuition” or “I know that all is well in my world” during meditation
- Eat blackberries, blueberries, grape juice, red wine and poppyseed
- Diffuse or wear frankincense oil
What I do: I Light a candle, place my amethyst stone on my alter, and put frankincense oil on my wrists. I then set my timer for 12 minutes. I take a comfortable seat on my pillow, sit up nice and tall pressing the shoulder blades down the spine and close my eyes. I take 5 deep breaths and start chanting the affirmation “ I trust my intuition” in my head. There are many different affirmations you can chant but this is my favorite one.
Stay tuned for next week moving on to the Crown Chakra!