With getting older, the first thing that comes to my mind is ANTI-AGING and it kind of bothers me. Aging both physically and mentally is a funny thing. Instead of dreading it I have decided to embrace it. I refuse to be the person chasing after her twenty year old self. Yes, I am a sucker for creams that make our skin look beautiful BUT I refuse to edit out or act like I do not psychically age. I have wrinkles and little puffs under my eyes now. I have trouble staying up past 10PM. I have more scars on my body now then I did when I was younger. And you know what? Thats all ok. I may be getting into my thirties with out a house, kids and husband under my belt but thats ok. Everyones journey is different. If someone is reading this post who may be down and out about “aging” I hope you find confidence in your journey and realize that success looks different on everyone. Do not compare yourself to others, your doing a great job.
When I look back and see what I have accomplished, experienced, and learned in thirty years, it made me proud. All the friendships I have made with beautiful people all around the world got me thinking, you know, 31 aint so bad. The most important thing I am proud of is that I really pushed myself to “LIVE”. I know that if today were my last day here on this earth, I could leave it being content, which sadly, most people can’t relate too.
I have zero wasted time. Every tough time was a lesson. Every change was a blessing and every relationship I have in my life is cherished to infinity and beyond- Because at the end of our road, the only thing that matters is how hard you lived and how much you loved. I am so lucky to have so many special moments in my life its hard to count. But, I put together my top thirty “moments” in my life where I was changed in some sort of way. (in no particular order)
Cheers to my 31st year, and cheers to a few more laugh lines! I can’t wait to celebrate with my loved ones with lots of hugs and kisses and some cake too. #grateful AND #aging
- Becoming Auntie CC: If you follow me on instagram you have probably noticed by now its mostly posts about my baby. This little love muffin has come into my life and rocked my world. The love I have for this little human is indescribable. My little princess makes me smile and laugh everyday. I can still remember the first time Elle told me she loved me and said “Auntie CC”, Which was November 9th, 2016. (Still have the recording on my phone) I love love love you!
- My first Gondola ride in Venice
- My first sunrise in Bali. I could not believe that I actually had the courage to travel across the world to start my new beginning in life at 27 years old. The beauty was overwhelming. To this day I do not think I have ever experienced sunrises like these, and will always cherish the memories. I can still smell the smells of Bali waking up, and hearing the waves of the ocean from my bed.
- Completing my yoga teacher training program. This was one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life both physically and mentally. I look at this picture all the time to remind myself of this moment. This picture was taken at the end of my Bali journey. This picture shows a different person, with different perspectives. I fell in love with myself on this trip, gained confidence in myself that I literally can do ANYTHING I put my mind too, and learned the importance of forgiveness and letting go. So grateful for everything I have learned there and carry the knowledge I learned there with me everyday. (oh and that was my first beer in a month too so it tasted extra delicious!)
- Seeing “The Medicine Man”. Yes I totally had an “Eat Pray Love” moment! This man was insanely accurate and to this day things still happen that he said were going to!
- Being blessed and spiritually cleansed while visiting the Elephant Cave in Bali. The Elephant Cave is a sacred place dating back to the 11th century. I can’t even describe how special this moment was.
- Holding a Koala in Australia. I specifically traveled to Brisbane since that is the only area you can actually hold one. How friggin cute is this little chub chub. He was heavier then expected!
- My sunrise camel ride in the Outback in Uluru!
- Experiencing a traditional BBQ in the outback. This photo was taken at sunset. (oh and thats the famous Uluru Rock behind me!) This night was full of magic. I tried authentic Australian BBQ food, even tasting kangaroo! A tribe performance took place under the stars. I will NEVER forget the stars. I have never seen so many stars so bright and so close. I remember wishing on a star to send me my love already. Fast forward a few more months after this trip-of-a-lifetime and I was granted my wish. Funny thing, Steve and I have a thing for stars and always take moments to look at the sky together when the stars are out. May sound corny I know, but dreams really do come true and I am a firm believer to this day on wishing on stars ❤
- Seeing the 12 Apostles on the “Great Ocean Road” road trip. This road trip will stay with me forever. Jenn if your reading this love ya and miss ya and will always remember our memories!
- Bondi Baths: I will NEVER forget this moment. I remember taking a screen shot on instagram of the Bondi Icebergs pool thinking wow this would be amazing to see, but I will probably never get there. Well low and behold! Here I was!! Swimming like the mermaid I am in the Bondi Iceberg Pool. (and yes I cried when I stepped foot in it)
- This was the end of our “Great Ocean Road” road trip. My friend Jenn and I stayed at the cutest boutique hotel. We awoke at sunrise, ran across the street barefoot and jumped into the ocean. This picture will always be my favorite because the feeling I get when I remember that morning was so liberating. It is a moment I can’t really describe. It is a moment I felt so free. Its just a moment of a memory that moves me to this day.
- My first trip to Italy! Not only was I proud of myself for doing the flight alone, I would up reconnecting with my friend Chrissy and we obviously have been BFFS since then 🙂 Italy is literally the most beautiful place I have ever seen. The people the food the culture, its just so special. I cried a lot (happy tears) my first trip and must say Italy still brings me tears to this day, its just that special! This was also my first “Trekking” adventure with Chrissy. We almost died on a glacier but getting to this view was worth it.
- Falling in love with a little town called VV and Galletto<3
- When my friend Chrissy surprised me and took me to THE vineyard to go to in Tuscany. It was my first vineyard experience and let me just tell you…NOTHING will top it. The first time I saw the rolling hills in Tuscany it literally took my breath away!
- Seeing Aushwetz in person. LITERALLY this was a moment. I have read, probably over 500 books regarding the Holocaust and have watched countless documentaries in all different languages. I never thought I would have the opportunity to not only visit the camp and have a private tour but visit the Warsaw Ghetto as well. This trip was truly a trip of a lifetime for me. And it was under 1000 dollars for EVERYTHING. #justsayin
- Moving to NYC with my BFF, a city people worldwide dream of visiting! This picture was on moving day! Loved my time living in the city but I also learned I need to live by the sea down the shore. Its truly where I am happiest ❤
- Visiting Casa di Giulietta in Verona Italy which was the home of Juliet and rubbing her boob for good luck in love. It worked!
- Discovering this little medieval town when staying in Tuscany called San Gimignano. I was so so connected to this charming town, I know in a past life I lived there! Pictures do not do it justice but the beauty I saw is etched in my memory forever. They have amazing Gelato as well!
- Our day spent together riding through Prosecco vineyards on Vespas. This was truly one of the best days of my life spent with the best people ever.
- My night in Venice by myself. So many magical things happened to me in that 24 hours thats a blog post in itself! This was the view from my room! Lets just say I was a super happy gal ❤
- The first time I visited the Amalfi Coast. No explanation needed! Oh and that was the view from our room. #unreal
- Spain, this hike, this lunch, this town with these girls! One of my favorite funniest days!
- The beach in Lagos Portugal and the time Chrissy surprised us with this adventure of ATVing through the cliffs of Portugal LOL and yes we had to sign out lives away. Oh the things Chrissy makes us do!
- South Africa. Everything about this trip was a moment. AND I can tell you one thing, I never in my wildest dreams have thought that I would go on a Safari in AFRICA.
- Dancing the night away in a tiny town called Bari with my BBF Martine and her now hubby and his family. This was one of the best nights of my life, a dinner party with little english spoken full of amazing wine, food, company and dancing until the sun came up!
- My first New Years Eve spent with the love of my life and making wishes on lanterns ❤
- Floating in the sea in Italy with Steve. This trip in general was amazing between the watermelon dance, our new Italian friends and company. This was Steves first time to Italy and he got to see first hand why I am obsessed with it there.
- My first ever trip out of the country by myself to Costa Rica to attend a yoga retreat hosted by Yoga Girl! It was the first time I have ever attempted to surf and I was beyond terrified! I was so proud of myself for getting half up on a wave, and being brave enough to be open to new experiences and accomplishing my first headstand!
- Teaching beach yoga at Lavallette boardwalk and mommy being one of my students. Ever since I got my certification it was my DREAM to teach beach yoga on that boardwalk. There is something so special about that place to me. When I got the opportunity to do it I was beyond grateful. Im pretty sure I cried just a teeny bit during my first class. Thank you Regina for this experience! So looking forward to teaching again this year 🙂