One of the most common questions I am asked is “How do I get to travel so much”? Well, that my friends is where the Chase United Card comes in. My travel partner-in-crime Chrissy introduced me to the card after my very first Italian adventure. Currently I have 90,000 points from strategically using the system which is a round trip flight to Europe and than some! Below is a little bit about the card and my tips on how to use it to get the most points.
- Get 30,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 dollars the first three months your account is open- Perfect for Christmas season arriving
- Earn 5,000 bonus miles when you add the first authorized user to your account and make a purchase with your Card during the first 3 months your account is open. – I put my mom on my account and had her purchase a coffee…
- $0 dollars for the first year then a annual fee of $95.00
- Earn 1 mile for every dollar spent
- 10,000 bonus miles each year after $25,000 in purchases on your card
- MILES DO NOT EXPIRE
- Earn 2 miles for each $1 spent on tickets purchased from United.
- No foreign transaction fee
- 2 FREE United Club passes each year
- FREE first checked bag
- Priority boarding
- Room upgrades, complimentary daily breakfast for two, early check-in, late checkout and other amenities at more than 900 luxury hotels and resorts worldwide.
- Earn 10,000 Bonus Miles for up to 5 friends that you refer to the card ( refer me – wink wink)
It is worth it for me to pay the annual $95.00 a year because I usually go out of network with my bank more then a few times a year and save a ton in foreign transaction fees. I also get some of my airline tickets…cough cough…for free.
I put EVERYTHING on my card even if its just a coffee! I hustle my parents to see if they have to make any big purchases so I can put it on my card… Thanks Mom and Dad! 😉 Every dollar adds up. Some bills will allow you to pay with your credit card…so I’m all about that!
Mileage Plus X app: Get paid to shop…literally. Below are the ones I use the most. I am accustomed to shopping only where I get reward points…now if Target and Wawa would jump aboard the Mileage Plus X program I would be set for life…but sadly they are not part of it…yet!
Kohl’s 3 miles for every dollar
Marshalls 3 miles for every dollar
HomeGoods 3 miles for every dollar
Barnes and Noble 4 miles for every dollar
Harmon Face Values 4 miles for every dollar
Christmas Tree Shops 4 miles for every dollar
AMC Theaters 5 miles for every dollar
Old Navy/ Gap 5 miles for every dollar
So if you are looking to travel abroad in the near future, I highly suggest getting this card and setting yourself up with some points for your plane ticket. Travel with ease not carrying a ton of cash because you can use your card anytime, anywhere with no fees. After your free year is up, You can always close the card if you feel like you will not be traveling out of the United States after your adventure abroad….but for some reason I feel like that won’t be happening because you will be hooked as I am.